Saturday, August 7, 2010

It begins...

Wednesday was Jordan's first day of Kindergarten. I dropped him off in his classroom and he never even looked back. The only tears shed that day were mine. Dillon did cry out "JoJo" pitifully as we exited the building.


As usual he was a little nervous about going. I admit I was worried for him. I was pleasantly surprised when he came home and told me that "he loved school", "didn't know it would be so fun", and most of all that he made a new friend named Casey. It's a Hunt family joke that every year my Mom told Betsy to find someone who looked nice and say "Hi my name is Betsy, do you want to be friends?" I totally gave him the Betsy talk and it worked!


Jordan is such a smart and intuitive little boy. He brings our family so much happiness. He is the best son & brother and we are all very excited and happy for him. School is just what his inquisitive mind needs! He sure is ready!


When I say "we" are happy I mostly mean Blair and I. His brother? Not so much. He misses his JoJo like crazy! (this was pretty much the look he had all day)


6 comments:

Aubry and Ryan said...

Too cute! I am not looking forward to sending my little one to school. Time moves too quickly, doesn't it?

I'm glad he liked school. Hopefully if lasts until he graduates.

Stoddard Family said...

I LOVE the handsome hair picture. He looks absolutely adorable. Strangely, I have never had to have the introduction talk with Megan, wonder why??

Watson Family said...

Your boys are such cuties! I'm going to be a big ball baby come next year. Who am I kidding, I've already been tearful up about it! :) Love your posts and the Betsy talk- so great!!!

Kelly and Megan said...

Oh the first day of Kindergarten! What a cute boy he is. Is he going to Freedom? Who is his teacher? I can't believe it is time for school to start again. Mine go back next week. Enjoy his first year!

Darice said...

He is seriously darling, Mindy!!! So stinkin' cute!

Bridgette said...

I am so glad he is liking school! What cute picts. I love the last one!

Post a Comment