Thursday, November 4, 2010

Sage advice...

I really doubt that I am the only Mother that this happens to. This morning as I droppped the boys off at Grandma K's before work I left Jordan with saying "You decide how your day will be with your choice of attitude & behavior. You need to find a better attitude and a smile."



Mean Mom city, I know. Some mornings I just can't get that kid moving despite doing everything I can to have him ready for school the night before. I am almost ready to start having him sleep in school clothes. (Not really. That's gross)



On my 1.2 mile drive to work I kept hearing my statement over and over in my head and realized that I must needed to say it this morning. Not for Jordan, but for me. I like to think that my family is full of non-morning people but in reality it is just me. I am really, really not a morning person. I can't wait for my boys to be teenagers, if only to sleep until noon with them!

I made up with my little buddy at lunchtime. I felt horrible for leaving him like that. A shiny quarter and promise of buying a pencil from the machine in the office did the trick.



I also made up my mind to try a little harder in the morning to start mine and my babies days off right with MY OWN good attitude, and behavior of course.

1 comments:

Jon, Amber, Caleb, and Skyler said...

I think we've all been there! Good luck...I'm sure you can do it!

Post a Comment