Hip, Hip, Hooray! We did it! We made it through our first week of school!
Now that the weekend is here I can clearly reflect on our successful week of back to school craziness.
DILLON...
This week marked Dillon's first "official" week of school. Official because he went to Jumpstart just a few weeks ago. Dillon was placed with the same Teacher; Miss Ptak. He has a;ready made a new best friend named Logan. He is the younger brother of Jordan's Kindergarten girlfriend. Dillon was very excited that the share a love of Annoying Orange. Especially because Mom has outlawed Annoying Orange around these parts. Since Dillon is familiar with the school grounds he got to be the office helper this week. That means Mom got to get little sneak peeks of him throughout the day! Love it!
JORDAN...
Jordan is our big 2nd grader this year. He is lucky to be "looping" with his teacher Mrs. Wooden. This means she moved up with her 1st grade class and keeps to keep all of them. It also means the skip over the introduction period and get right to work. Jordan was already in the STEM lab doing experiments with "corn flour" (cornstarch) and water. Reminded me of being in my Grandma Vowles kitchen and doing the same thing! Last year Jordan had a frenemy in his class that he was constantly competing with academically. He moved away this summer so it will be interesting to see if he is still as driven. I bet he is. After school the boys go to Extended Day where the finish homework and play with other students. On the first day of school Jordan thought that he was in charge of picking up Dillon and getting them both to the Library (wrong, Dillon gets taken by his Teacher) and he came into the office in tears because he couldn't find Dilly. I am glad he is such a responsible and loving older brother!
MOM...
I can't believe I am starting my third school year at Freedom! I have the working mother's dream job! I am thankful to be so close to the boys and also to have the same days off. More than anything I am grateful to have 1st hand knowledge of every person they come in contact during their day.
Happy 2012-2013 School Year to us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment