Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Co-sleep = No Sleep?

We have co-slept with both of our midgets. With Jordan it started when I would fall asleep nursing him and after we lived in my in-laws living room for 4 months just snow-balled. After adding Dillon to the mix (and the ever shrinking king sized bed) Jordy just got even more restless during the night and it was awful.
I bought the book "The No Cry Sleep Solution for Toddlers" and quickly read through a few chapters. On 9/19/07 I bit the bullet and made Jordan sleep in his own bed. We started a routine of 3 books, prayers, kisses and birdies. The birdies is an old crib mobile that plays 'twinkle twinkle" several times and projects birds on the ceiling. It took one week of me sitting next to him until he fell asleep and now 2 weeks later I turn on the birdies and leave. I can't believe how easy it has been!
Now if I can get my night nursling to get out that would be AWESOME! I would like just one night of 7+ hours sleep with no interruptions!

0 comments:

Post a Comment