Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Super Bowl Sunday!


I was selected to be a Photo Runner for this year's Super Bowl. I was assisting USA Today and AZ Republic photog's in the 400 level. It was such an awesome experience! When they said runner they meant it. My job was to take full or "important" SD cards from the photog's to an AP trailor to upload. I figured it was about 1/2 mile there and back and I lost count at 11 trips. My press pass got me on the field and I could be seen for a split second behing Steve Mariucci on NFL network.


Celeb sightings/encounters:



  • Was on an elevator with LL Cool J and his very large security guard.

  • Saw Troy Aikman on the field and in the tunnel.

  • Watched Bob Kraft & family arrive in the limo area

  • Saw Kurt Russell and Kate Hudson in the tunnel (like 2 ft away) (P.S. Kate you should wash and brush your hair. I love you but it looked a little nasty).

  • RAN INTO JOHN ELWAY IN THE STAIRWELL!! Literally right into!

The picture I am attaching is from one of the great phtog's I worked with. This picture was on a card in an envelope that was thrusted my direction and I was told it was needed IMMEDIETLY! So I ran as fast as I could down the 4 flights of stairs after braving the crowds and to the trailor. I thought I was going to die! But at least I was done....NOT! I had to go back for the postgame cards. That is when I was running up the stairs and into John Elway and family!


Maybe I should take a photo of my blisters and post those too!!

1 comments:

Mortensen Family said...

wow! that sounds like it was very exciting, but tiring! =0)
do you work for a newspaper or something? I think you have probly told me, but for some reason, I just can't remember the details. Anyway, sounds like fun!

Post a Comment