Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Beauty School Drop-out...

Your story's sad to tell,
A teenage neer do well,
Most mixed up non-delinquent on the block!
Your future's so unclear now,
What's left of your career now?
Can't even get a trade in on your smile!



Some songs just make you think of a certain person. Know what I mean? The entire Grease soundtrack makes me think of Betsy & Katie....my bedroom...Summer 1996 or '97? I'm not to sure on the dates. All I know is Katie and I so a mean "Summer Lovin". I make a better Zucko than old Johnny boy anyday!
On a more spiritual note the song Army of Helamen will always remind me of my mother. She was in the Primary presidency when I remember learning this song for the yearly program. I can't hear it and not think of her.

Back to my Rydell High times.... a long, LONG time ago after I graduated from High School I attended Beauty School. For like 3 weeks. I AM a Beauty School Dropout!
I put my skills to good use though. I shave my boys heads every once in awhile. They don't mind long hair over their ears or bald spots.

As it turns out, neither does Tootsie. She let me practice on her. I am not quite finished, but I doubt I will ever finish. That would require her to sit still!


Jordan is always willing to smile for Mom's camera.

Dillon was willing to share his Peeps. Man I love Peeps! Especially when they are stale!

Katie, you asked "where is Blair?". Here he is. Does he remind you Hunt cousins of anyone?
I am trying a new look on the old blog. Big pictures for my fellow 4 eyed blind friends. I would not even dare make his picture that big. I am probably in a lot of trouble already!

3 comments:

G Gang said...

Oh man, I heard Grease on the radio the other day and I swear I almost started crying because it totally took me back to '96 or '97 and I was having a hard time remembering the exact year too. I just know it was the house across the street from O'Connor and it seemed like your family was never there. Maybe it was summer and they were in Utah. Anyways, the memory made me laugh/happy/sad/giggley/nostalgic and more. We sure did have a lot of fun.
And you TOTALLY are a beauty school drop out, but Tootsie looks pretty good. You can come over and shave Maxie for me because there is NO WAY I am doing it.
Tell Blair it's good to see him.

j&krosser said...

OK (1) you need to give me a blog tutorial -it is in major need of a revamp (2) how did Blair get the G.Hunt gene? (3) Love the big pictures!

Christie & Dan said...

He's a Bud Hunt in the making!

Post a Comment