Once upon a time, give or take 3 1/2 years ago the hubby and I made a deal: I would paint the downstairs if he would paint the upstairs. Most importantly the stairs. I am slightly height challenged in comparison to my big lug.
If you came to my house today you would see that the downstairs is painted. The kids room is painted (by me). The boys bathroom is painted (by me). And any other walls upstairs that have been painted were with my assistance.
The stairs and doors were painted...by my children...in CRAYON. And since these surfaces are still the disgusting flat paint from the builder the crayon cannot be removed. I have tried everything.
I am slowly but surely disposing of all the crayons in my house. It's like when Jordan was hooked on his binky. Just when you think you have found them all you find one under the couch cushion or on a shelf. And usually I find them too late clutched in naughty little hands. At least I have found that Holy Cow spray takes crayons out of carpet!
In an attempt to keep my "Nice Mom" badge I have replaced the crayons with chalk. And chalk requires a chalkboard so Ta-Da:
I am trying to keep the top half for me. A new scripture each week, or a nice quote. Something to keep me on the right path for the week.
Daddy is away working for a few days! We miss you & love you Daddy!
As you can see, even Tootsie gets in on the action! She tried eating the chalk but didn't like the taste. Easy cleanup and the dog doesn't eat it? Home run for me!
3 comments:
Very cute- I love it!
Great idea! I may have to remember that when we move :D
What a great idea!
Post a Comment