Remember a few weeks back when I was invited to a game night with some ladies in my ward? I never posted about it afterwards... because I was trying to forget humiliating myself. I made quite an impression. Especially on the hostess when I drenched her lap with my punch during Phase-10. Poor Blair couldn't help but laugh at me when I lamented afterwards. On one of our "non-dates" when we were "just friends" we were eating at Baja Fresh and I forked rice all over myself, the table, the floor. He laughed. I cried inside... it was awful! I think I had it in my hair! No wonder he quickly took me to a Singles Ward FHE and left me to find my own ride home.
I did come out of the game night with a great idea if not some new friends. Chore charts! We have been trying to find a way to get Jordan to help around the house and he is at that perfect bribing age! He gets $1 a day and has 4 chores M-F to complete. He is saving up to buy Phineas & Ferb for the Gameboy. I think the charts came out pretty good, and the boys had fun helping me put them together,
With Blair working out of town for the third straight week (or is it 4th? I have lost track!) the days I work are a little hard in the evening. The boys are hungry and bouncing off the walls, Mom is tired and trying to scrape together an excuse for a meal. Without Daddy around to keep them entertained I am hoping that their chores will keep them busy for a few minutes.
Besides... then I don't feel so bad rewarding them (and me) with a little pre-bedtime treat! We sure miss you Daddy! XOXO
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Oh shoot. Was it really that bad?
Yes in my mind... but probably not!
You are too funny. It was no big deal. I completely forgot about those 2 min till just now. It always feels different when it's you though.
We were at the Rolfe's a couple years ago. Jeff set his cup of bright red Hawaiian punch on the carpet, tucked safely under him. Then an unnamed baby crawled under & tipped it. So not only did we ruin carpet, but the baby's mom was verbally upset about her daughters dress we ruined. I called a carpet cleaning company & set up a "clean for them, bill to us" but the service was refused. It was just all around awful, I felt so bad & I don't think we've been invited back since.
Sorry Blairs been gone for so long, I didn't realize. If you need some girl time/craft time come over!! Love the charts BTW
Post a Comment