A single mother.
Nothing has made that more apparent than the last few weeks of Blair working out of town. In comparison to other commuting husbands I'm sure the distance from Buckeye to Tucson is laughable. When I am at work and have shortened the distance between him and I by another hour or so it is even more laughable. Except it's not...
Absence makes the heart grow fonder. We've all heard the phrase before. Did I always believe it? I doubt that I have. But now I do... When he is home life is in a word: easier.
How I love that Daddy surprised our boys with a morning movie (Ice Age) and lunch of their choice (Panda Express) today. I love even more that I was not required to make any decisions at all. It's nice to sit back and hand the reins over to my partner.
There is an easiness about sitting in bed while he watches ESPN and I catch up on all things internet. An easiness that is not found here when he is gone.
Today I am happy to have all my boys under one roof. The way it is supposed to be. It feels nice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment