Monday, August 17, 2009

Cough, cough...

Jordan woke me early this morning to tell me that Tootsie was coughing. And that he wanted breakfast. I protested the hour and went back to sleep. When both Jordan and Dillon could not wait any longer I finally headed downstairs to fill their bowls and tummies with cereal.

Toots was indeed coughing. A very weird hairballish cough that I had never heard. This is the dog who has previously eaten half a diaper so I figured she had found her own breakfast and it was stuck. I checked her mouth and didn't see anything, she was breathing fine so I figured she would work it out. By the afternoon she was still coughing so I made her an appt at the vet for a check up and some overdue shots. Turns out she has kennel cough. Which I find weird since she has never been around another dog in her life.

I thought giving kids cough medicine was hard. Ha! She smelled the spoon a mile away and was not going to take it for anything. I think I got the full dose down. I am hoping and praying that we have a quiet night.

Why is it Blair is always gone for things like this?

0 comments:

Post a Comment