Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Baptism...

For almost three years I have been a Primary teacher in my ward. I have taught ages 4-5, 5-6, 6-7 and it has been a wonderful blessing. It has provided me with opportunities to learn and grow as well as given me information to pass on to my children in ways they will understand.


This year I am Jordan's teacher and we just had a lesson on Baptism. We were all excited to travel this past weekend to see my niece Jenni baptized. Especially Jordan! He was very disappointed that there were not enough "sitting" spots around the font and he had to stand though.


Jenni looked so darling in her little white dress and let me take a few pictures of her, sun in her eyes and everything!




I am so proud of Jenni for choosing to be baptized. Seeing the strength of a child's testimony is so amazing to me. As I looked on to the font after she was dipped (for the second time, silly toe) I saw a smile across my brother in law's face that made me tingle. Here was a father brimming with pride and I thought if he feels this way how proud her Father in Heaven must feel right now.


Blair and I drove Jenni home from the church and the following conversation occurred:


Me- So Jenni do you feel any different?
Jenni- Yeah.
Me- What do you feel?
Jenni- I feel wet.


Classic! Priceless quote that one day I am going to tell a grown-up Jenni when she wonders about her baptism day!



1 comments:

j&krosser said...

What a cute picture! I love what she said too- hilarious.

Post a Comment