Monday, April 26, 2010

Life is a Highway...

We've just returned from a 10 day cross country road trip. Our travels took us through Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Arkansas and back again. The kids took it like champs and we had a great time. Grandma & Grandpa K. had a timeshare week in Branson, MO (Miz-zur-ah if your local) and graciously let us invite ourselves along.

Goodbye Arizona


Honk-shoe, Honk-shoe



Hello New Mexico!



Blair drove the entire trip. I guess that says a lot in how he views my driving abilities. It's alright though. I read most of The Chronicles of Narnia and fell back in love with some of my favorite stories. I also got lots of naps in myself. I rained through most of Texas but we made it there in one peice. Just in time for dinner at:

THE BIG TEXAN


I tried my darndest to get Blair to try the 72 oz challenge but he wouldn't. Can you blame him?


While we were planning the trip every time Blair mentioned the Big Texan I thought about John Candy in The Great Outdoors. Beast and I loved that movie. Funny thing is it came on TV while we were in Missouri, just in time for Blair to see the steak challenge part.

After our BIG meal we stayed the night to rest up for our next long car day. We drove in the rain through Oklahoma. We kept the IPod on Garth Brooks and Carrie Underwood to get in the mood. I could live in Oklahoma, its gorgeous!

Blair told me about the McDonald's built over the highway but I could never picture it. It was pretty neat and a perfect spot to stop for lunch.


We made it to Missouri that night. So pretty. So green. I wish we were back already! More of the trip to follow...

4 comments:

Watson Family said...

What a marvelous adventure! Family trips always provide great stories and memories to share for years to come. :) Loving your pics, cute kids, and all!

Darice said...

Cute Pics, and a ten day trip sounds like heaven!!

Kelly and Megan said...

How fun! That McDonalds looks awesome! Cute pics!

Marilyn said...

My relatives are from Oklahoma and Arkansas. They both are very pretty, until summer hits and you have all that humidity!

Post a Comment