Monday, October 4, 2010

An Act of Dill...

Last Thursday night The Midgets and I arrived home after 2 hours of soccer practice & errand running. As soon as I opened the door I heard Toots making a horrible worried/scared bark/growl /howling noise. Upon further inspection I saw the kitchen floor around her kennel was wet with an inch of water. It would not be the first time I walked through an inch of water on the kitchen floor, but that time it was accompanied by 3 inches of bubbles and I knew the culprit instantly.

This time I noticed the dripping sound coming from above and made a mad dash to the upstairs bathroom where I found the faucet handle broken off and the water running full blast. Awesome. Well awesome if definitely not the word I used at that given moment. I made a frantic call to the Hubs to get home ASAP and spent the next 1 1/2 hours frantically mopping up the floor.. er I mean floors.

It was really not my finest hour... Er hours.

I held it together until Blair walked in the door and then I blubbered on him like a schoolgirl. And then my baby (Jordy) blubbered on me like a schoolboy. Poor baby was so worried we were going to have to move away and that our house was ruined. I hate scaring my kids like that.

Now that a few days have passed it seems like not that big of a deal. All except the holes in the dining room ceiling I guess...

6 comments:

Darice said...

So sorry- that is definitely no fun!

Aubry and Ryan said...

Yuck! I hate water damage. Did someone break the faucet and not tell you?

Stoddard Family said...

Are you going to leave the holes for our super weekend? Maybe you can put Uncle Ben to work, he loves to do construction jobs!!

G Gang said...

Ceiling, schmeiling. Who needs a ceiling? At least now you can see into the bathroom so it doesn't happen again, right?

The Karafa Family said...

Aubry if only! The hubs broke it and bought a new fixture like 8 months ago.

Beast.. I already told Ben the same thing! I figured we could stuff Annie in there to check for mold. She's small enough.

Jon, Amber, Caleb, and Skyler said...

I am so sorry!

Post a Comment