Tuesday, October 5, 2010

So this new job...

Yesterday started my 4th week at the new job. I am working as a PC Technician for the Liberty Elementary School District. I like it enough. The pay could be better but the commute definitely could not. It was such a change moving from I-10 morning traffic to 1 stop sign and cornfields. I love my new commute.

When I interviewed for the job they (all 4 others in my department) asked me questions and there was really only one that I didn't know. Everything else was a walk in the park to answer.

Imagine my surprise when 4 weeks later I still haven't done any of those tasks. Everything has been brand new and is on the verge of "manual labor". They even had to buy me a special "little" ladder because I am too short to reach the ceiling mounted projectors. That and the teachers tend to frown upon climbing on the desks.

So to all my dear friends who have been inquiring as to how I am doing:
1. Thanks!!
2. I am alive.
3. I'm getting the hang of it.
4. It's going good.
5. I will be better at getting back to you. Dang the Internet filters here... a girl can't even surf the Internet!

4 comments:

Watson Family said...

So sorry about the flooding at home, but total congrats and awesomeness about your new job!!!

Darice said...

A little ladder- HA! I can definitely relate- I think my step ladder gets used more than anything else around the house! So happy for your MUCH shorter commute.

Kristin said...

Hopefully your new job gets better. New jobs are always difficult for the first few months while you try to figure everything out. At least you have more time to spend with your kids.

Sorry about the flood. Twice, I have come back from taking Carson to school and found the faucet on full-blast in the basement bathroom. Fortunately we haven't had a flood yet.

Marilyn said...

Congrats on the new job! Nothing like working on the same schedule that schools are on. I always had the huge guilt trip during the summer when I went off to work and Andy went to the sitter. Hopefully you will enjoy this and be able to spend more time with your boys.

Post a Comment