Thursday, May 7, 2009

Hillbilly hair...

My Grandma was born & raised in Tennessee. She had the loveliest southern accent. More twang than drawl. I could have listened to her say MarshMella all day long.
My mother occasionally twangs. She will not admit to doing so. She also does not like to be teased about her "hillbilly roots".
I occasionally twang. I hear it. It happens when I talk fast. My mouth moves much faster than my brain. Always has!
One thing that has been passed down from those Tennessee hills is a love for big hair. The bigger the better. I have the prom pictures to prove it. I love me some BIG HAIR!! So does my mom, my sisters, probably all my cousins. It's just our thing! My Grandma always had her hair "did" and I loved it.
Ah...big hair! Rat it, tease it, comb it...LOVE IT!
So confession time...
I am wearing a Bump-It in my hair today...actually 2. And I did yesterday!
And I may have squealed like a school girl when my boss gave them to me for a pick-me up present.
Don't pretend you haven't seen the commercial and wanted to try one. Be at one with your inner big hair lover!

4 comments:

G Gang said...

Love it! I want to see it!!!

Kristin said...

I want to see a picture in your hair. What a great idea! I am sure it looks so cute!

Bridgette said...

When I saw your post title & thought...Mindy must have spent the day in Wickenburg. They are the hillbilly hair queens! I am amazed at the things they can do with tales & mullets.

The Triana Family said...

I had never seen those before, I actually want one! I wanna see some big hair pics!!!

Post a Comment