Friday, May 1, 2009

I'll sit this one out...


Only nine more days until we head West for some cool weather, fun family time, and priceless memories. Just like any trip now that it is getting closer I am less excited because I realize how much I need to do before we leave. You know like laundry, packing, treat buying, scrubbing the house and making sure every ounce of garbage is out (tell me I am not the only one who has come home to a not so pleasant surprise!).

If I know me, I will procrastinate until the day before we leave and then totally stress myself out. It happens everytime!

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

My parents went on their honeymoon to Disneyland. I think it's safe to say that my obsession with it must be hereditary. It's funny to try and imagine the two lovebirds strolling hand in hand from each ride to the next. It's even harder for me to imagine them riding together as every trip since then they have been riding partners with one of their children.

Somewhere along the way Mom started sitting out certain rides. Rides that shake you up too much, or even worse turn you upside down. I don't remember when exactly the transition happened but it worked.

Mom became the "baby" holder and fastpass getter. She would sit with the baby/little one who was too small for the ride and go to the next big attraction to get us a fastpass. She is the perfect Disneyland accessory.

Sunday the boys and I went to visit Big Momma (since you don't like the other name ha-ha) at her new digs in Gilbert. She mentioned that we should have bought her a ticket so she could watch Dillon for us. DUH! What were thinking!

Luckily Disneyland has been pretty nice and started a program where one parent can ride then come sit with the baby and the other parent can ride and not stand in line! So Blair and I can take Jordy on the good rides! I will give a full report when we get home.

Not that it would ever be as good as Mom!

1 comments:

Watson Family said...

Oh, how exciting! :) I hope you and your family have the happiest time!

Post a Comment