Thursday, May 21, 2009

Vacation Recap- Part 3...

Day 3 of our adventure appropriately took us to the California Adventure park (you know...the ugly step-sister to Disneyland). The Karafa family loves California Adventure though for these reasons:

1. More "thrill" rides
2. A grown-up atmosphere
3. It opens late and closes early
4. Free tortilla's!

That's right folks...free tortilla's! Did you know that the Mission Factory hands them out? I did not! They are heavenly...utterly delicious heavenly goodness. Even our non-bread eating child gobbled his up! And if you are going on your birthday (which is already free) they will give you a whole bag free! A WHOLE BAG! You can obviously tell where I will be on October 13th...

Our first ride of the day was Monsters Inc., which is one of the boys favorite movies. The ride was okay, definitely not one that needed repeating. Then we were off to The Muppet's in 3D. This trip cemented my creeping suspicion that 3D movies make me sick to my stomach.

Right outside the theater we ran into Jordan's girlfriend. Oh how he loves her!
We headed off to take a ride on the Grizzly Rapids. Jordan and Daddy went first, and I got to hang out with this little dork.
I know dork sounds mean, but I mean it very lovingly. This little boy just cracks his Momma up! He is crack-a-lackin!

Here's Jordan and Daddy coming down the river. Jordy said he was soaked!

Mom and Jordy took a turn... and we got soaked. Who knew there were small holes in the bottom of the raft that splash water right on you. Note to self...need an extra foot or two.

Two dorks waiting for the big boys to get off Soarin' over California. See, it takes one to know one!
I was trying to get a great picture for Blair! You should have seen the look of horror on his face when he thought I was going to wear the bandanna Aunt Jemima style! I really was trying to use it as a headband...it didn't last long!

Jordan and I rode his FAVORITE ride of the trip together. The Tower of Terror. You have to said it in a very spooky voice like Jordan did all through the line making grown-ups laugh! Dillon took a nice little nap in the stroller and Daddy conveniently sat out the ride (chicken). While grown-ups were screaming Jordan sat next to me laughing hysterically. He is such a nut! On our way out we ran into this dude:

And this big fella too!
Movie = Good
Ride = Good
In Person = Not Good! NOT GOOD AT ALL!

Cardboard was apparently an acceptable solution!

1 comments:

The Maestas Family said...

Okay... we really need to borrow Jordy for a few days so we can take him to six flags or somewhere and he can show Jax how FUN the rides are!!! I can't even get Jax to ride a generic little kiddie ride without screaming and crying his head off!!!

And all these Disneyland pics are REALLY making me want to go there!!! My favorite ride was the Soarin over California... it was just so peaceful and relaxing... *sigh* maybe one day we'll get back there... as soon as Jax toughens up a little!!!

Post a Comment