About 4 months ago (wow, they went by fast) Aunt Gill was camped out at our house watching the boys for me. One night after giving the midgets a bath I came out into the upstairs TV room to watch some TV with Gill and noticed a strange smell. Almost like when you melt a plastic spoon in the bottom of your dishwasher. I asked Gill what the smell was and she said she didn't smell anything.
All my life my Dad has teased me about my 4 S's... Super Sensitive Sense of Smell. I shrugged off the smell and went about my night. Not too much later Dad came home from work and bellowed up the stairs "Are you trying to burn down the house"?
After heading downstairs to investigate I found my old crockpot (pulled out of the garage for a yardsale) plugged in by the front door. Inside was 1 pair of little boy underwear, 1 red Mickey Mouse croc shoe and 1 baby monitor... batteries included.
When I came too after inhaling the toxic fumes (just kidding but almost) I questioned the only midget still awake, who was also the most likely culprit and he fessed up that the "Crock Pot Undie Soup" was his creation.
Have I mentioned he is awesome?
3 comments:
Clever!
I got a good laugh out of that one! Your boys totally crack me up. I can't wait to hear the teenage stories :-)
I've been behind on reading blogs, but that story is great!
Post a Comment