Monday, August 25, 2008

Family Night at the Karafa's

We have recently decided to try having FHE. Blair and I have admittedly been slackers on this and our boys were definitely missing out. Jordan loves it. The boys and I decided to make some chocolate chip cookies for our treat but first we needed outfitted in style...

Enter our Mom & me aprons! (Dillon's is turned around so you can see the back)

I have a good friend Kristin who inspires me to be crafty with my kids! I would send you to her blog but she's one of those private people! :) The best part is that I already had the fabric and everything laying around.


Jordy loves to help me cook and has become especially fond of fried eggs lately. I decided to be brave and let him do the eggs all by himself (Thanks Kris and Carson for the confidence!) You can see from the first picture that he was a little disgusted by the mess on his hands (and the whole shell in the bowl) but by the 2nd try he was a pro!
Dillon really enjoyed snacking on the chocolate chips.

8 comments:

Rachel said...

Josh and I have been trying to start family night too, but usually it consists of singing a song and trying to get Mikey to sit through a picture book. We need to crash yours for ideas.

Barnes Family said...

So cute!! Good job! I really need to make Madi and Kimber (when she's big enough) aprons. Such a great idea!
Good job cracking the eggs Jordan!

G Gang said...

Sounds like a fun night!

G Gang said...

Sounds like a fun night!

Kristin said...

The aprons turned out so cute! I made one as a gift for a birthday party Carson was invited to. Jordan did such a good job with the eggs. I never realized how much skill and dexterity eggs require to break. I love how it teaches our boys to be gentle! Way to go on holding family night! Ours lasts about 5 minutes--two songs and a 2 mintue lesson. I hope they are learning something.

Erin Phelps said...

Great job on the aprons!!! I think you have now inspired me! They turned out so cute.

Kelly and Megan said...

Your boys are so cute! You are brave to let him crack the eggs! The first picture of him cracking the egg is hilarious! I will always hate getting egg on my hands. Yuck!

Darice said...

Seriously cute aprons! I only sew a little, meaning that pillows are the only thing that I have sewn. I would love to be better, have you ever thought of giving lessons?- I would be interested if you did!

Post a Comment