Tuesday, August 5, 2008

I'm ashamed to admit this...

Today I was thinking about how excited I had been to get my copy of "Breaking Dawn" and how it only took me about 24 hours to finish it. Why is it that I can get so wrapped up in a world of Vampires and Werewolves but can't get past 2nd Nephi when I try to read the Book of Mormon.

I am honestly ashamed to admit that the BOM doesn't hold my interest enough to read it cover to cover. I know that I am seriously lacking in my gospel knowledge and yet I don't search ponder and pray as I am instructed. What is wrong with me?

Betsy? Katie? Anyone in interested in reading along with me? Can we set some realistic goals? Can we discuss? I really need some help!

3 comments:

Stoddard Family said...

I was thinking the same thing the other day. I would read and discuss with you. We will have a little book club. But we will actually be reading a book that will help our daily lives. When shall we start?

j&krosser said...

I think that is a great idea! Many a time I have thought the same thing as you. Really how many times I could have read the BofM instead of the whole Harry Potter series? Oh and Jaden replied to your comment but on our blog so I will try to email you my address and you are welcome to come anytime on your way to Snowflake (a good pit stop place!)

G Gang said...

I'm up for it! As soon as I'm done with Breaking Dawn. Just kidding!!! Jeff and I have been discussing this same thing. I think if someone was reading along with me or if I had guidelines set I could do it much better. I'm on board!!!

Post a Comment