Don don don.............................
We survived! Jordan was such a trooper and did great. I'm really glad we decided to go the pediatric dentist route and suggest that to anyone! Dr. Kelly and her staff were great! We had no tears, fears or anything! Not surprising we had a few cavities to fill next time but the really sad thing is they want to extract his 4 front teeth and one on the bottom. The bottom tooth was a casualty of the accident Saturday, it had cracked right down the middle. The others definitely had baby bottle rot (no more sippy's or binkies for my kids!) and Dr. Kelly felt a crown would be a waste of money. So it looks like my little man will be ruthless & toothless a little earlier than expected.
As a mom I worry about him being teased by kids at school or church (kids really can be so cruel) but I guess he would be teased if he had visible decay as well. Its so hard being in charge and having to make the tough choices.
We did have fun going shopping to get some fun flosser's and Nursery Water. He even got to pick out some cups with straws. And we finally had Crazy Chicken (El Pollo Loco) for lunch and had a trip to the library! He's definitely a happy boy! He would never know Mommy cried in the van on the way home.
I forgot my camera but next time I will get some. He was so cute in that big old chair with his sunglasses on!
Monday, June 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh I'm so glad that it went well. They just have such a fun kid friendly office. I know the kids great a prize for being good but you should get a prize too for all the heart ache.
Hey, this is Kutters mom!! My kids go to Dr Kelly as well and we love her. She is great! About your son being teased, I dont think it will happen. Most kids are jealous when other kids lose their teeth. He will be the envy of all the kids. Just keep telling him how cool he looks so that even if he gets teased, he wont believe it because he will truly know he is cool. You are a good mom and an excellent primary teacher! : )
Oh Mindy, don't feel bad. Jordan will look like Bella with only her front 2 teeth and she's still cute. You're doing a great job and his teeth are just a casualty of being a kid. And that's so great that it was a pleasant experience for him. I HATE going to the dentist - maybe I should start going to a kid friendly office...
I hope YOU are okay. WHen Kayda smashed her teeth in I cried way more than she did.
Post a Comment