I am at work today, bored to tears and grateful for the cyberworld and all my friends blogs to keep me entertained! I decided to read some articles from LDS.org and found the one I have been telling Betsy about for weeks. It is entitled "Sharing the Gospel Using the Internet". For the friends and family who have been teasing me for my blogging obsession I have been using this as my excuse! And now it is in the July Ensign!
So today I will be a better member and do my part to talk about something other than my family. I have the great opportunity to be a Primary teacher for the CTR 6 class. I am often amazed at how easily and quickly the children learn the gospel concepts. Their faith is so strong and their desire to please their Heavenly Father and Jesus is great. This week our lesson was "Jesus Christ is a Shepherd". I brought my ratty (but clean) old blue robe and some scrap fabric and let the kids dress up like a Shepard. We found hidden puzzle pieces of a lost sheep. I think the kids enjoyed the lesson and understood what it meant to be a shepherd. They also understood that we were like sheep and that Jesus Christ was our shepherd. That he did not want us to stray from the flock, and that he would miss even one of us.
There was a period in my life where I was that straying sheep, lost from the flock and unable to find my way. I am forever grateful to my family and friends who cared even still and for the prayers that must have been said for me. I am also thankful that our Heavenly Father is loving and forgiving, and has given us the ability to choose for ourselves. As stubborn as I am, I know that the decision had to be mine.
Oh and Beast, the talk is at:
LDS.org - Ensign Article - Sharing the Gospel Using the Internet
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment