Thursday, February 25, 2010

On the Books...

Today I registered my baby for Kindergarten...


I wish he was still a baby...

Come Fall my Jordan will be a Freedom Falcon. We took a little tour around campus and got him all signed up. The classrooms look so fun and cozy, and I already have a teacher I am crossing my fingers for.

We also found out that our District has gone to all day Kindergarten. My baby will be going to school from 8:30-3:30. That seems really long to me. I asked the teachers how the kids did with that schedule and they said it was great. They have naptime, recess, lunch, art, PE, and music class time that half-day kids don't get. I think he will do great.

Jordan really loved the amphitheater right outside the Kindergarten building. I see lots of fun in his future...


I am so not ready for this!

8 comments:

G Gang said...

oh man, I'm ready for kindergarten! maybe when she's 5 I'll take that back...

Jeanette Petersen said...

By state law you have a right to half day kindergarten if you want it.

Stoddard Family said...

I vote for 1/2 day kindergarten. He can have naptime and art at home. I have heard a few horror stories about all day kindergarten, and "movie time" everyday. I think it is mean to make those babies go to school all day. All of mine have had adjustment issues when they get into first grade and are away from home/mom all day. I can't believe he is that big already.

Marilyn said...

I cried on Andy's first day of kindergarten. He was so nervous and I was so sad for him. But, they live and get through it. So, buy yourself some chocolate on that day and drown your sorrows in some yummy dove chocolate. (my personal favorite!!)

Christie & Dan said...

Woo kindergarten was the best! He will love it!

j&krosser said...

I'm glad that I still have another year to prepare for that. How exciting!

Mortensen Family said...

Crazy! I just signed up my little gunnar for kindergarten as well!!
Ok, just for fun- I wanted to tell you- last year when I was watching american idol, I totally thought your Jordan (who by the way is so stinkin cute) looks like Chris Allen. I even showed a pic of him to my BFF, just to see if she thought I was crazy or not! :) and so tonight, I am sitting here watching AI again, and I think the contestant John Park, totally looks like your little brother Ben! Whatdya think?

Mindy said...

That is funny Fawn! My niece tells Betsy that it is "Uncle Ben" on the TV too!

I hadn't thought about Jordy & Kris, now I will have to look!

Post a Comment