Wednesday, February 17, 2010

White-Out...

Driving to and from Snowflake this past weekend was a treat for my midgets. Who could have guessed the wonderment that could be attained by simply moving their car-seats to the back row to make way for Grandma H. and Uncle Noah. If only it could be so easy every day.

We've made this trip many times over the past few years but the few feet further back made a world of difference in how the scenery was viewed. Jordan wanted to know exactly when we had left the desert and whether we were actually driving atop the mountain. During the stretch of road between Payson and Heber many a "Whoa" and "Wow" could be heard from the back in regards to the white stuff on the ground.

Wanting to make it to the Beast's house in good time we didn't dare stop to look around but on the way home a certain happy fellow beckoned us to the side of the road.


The boys were thrilled to make the acquaintance of a real live snowman (their very first, poor desert kids). Although he wasn't made by us they didn't seem to mind.


Daddy even braved the cold in his "Oh so NOT appropriate" snow attire... I think that snowball was aimed at yours truly.


On most days I imagine my life living in a farmhouse in some rural town in the deep south, surrounded by green. Or maybe a brownstone in Brooklyn. Basically anywhere but Arizona. But days like this one make me happy to have the opportunity to take my kids to play in the snow and be home  1 1/2 hours later in toasty 75 degree weather. I just need to do better at getting us away from the valley and out appreciating our state a little more.


And can I just say that I am digging seeing my little stinker in the vintage Pea Coat that belonged to his Daddy some 25 years ago... I can just picture a chubby cute little Blair in a Michigan winter sporting this beauty. That or some little Russian kid. Ha ha ha!

1 comments:

G Gang said...

I love the snowmen! that is so funny!!

Post a Comment