Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Troublemaker...



Grandma & Grandpa K have a full house this week. Aunt Valerie is back again for her yearly visit and Uncle Mike & Aunt Gwynne came all the way from Louisiana for a quick visit. The boys are pretty happy to have some new people to show off for, even if they have been off their schedule for a few days.

Especially Uncle Mike who Grandma has described to the boys as "a troublemaker". I think they knew they would be kindred spirits ever since. Today Jordy took a walk through Grandma's neighborhood with Uncle Mike but was concerned that they were lost. He now vows that he wont go on any more walks with him.

Dillon was very happy to meet Uncle Mike (who he called Uncle Ben the first day). Grandma always says that she thinks Dilly reminds her of him. Unfortunately Dill couldn't be apart from his new buddy and had a little accident today. While Mike was on the treadmill Dill decided to jump on too. Burns on his little arm and knee ensued...

When I arrived home from work he came running out to meet me and I could tell he was not himself (guess he had just woken up from a very late snooze) and he followed me to the bathroom and told me that "Uncle Mike was naughty" to him on the treadmill. As soon as he said treadmill I asked him to see his owies. Poor Baby said he didn't want me to see and got a kissed my face. Inside my stomach sank and I put on my brave Mommy face to inspect his owies.

No pictures here... I'm not quite in the right mind for that yet. My baby has been gently washed , medicated and bandaged with Elmo & Friends and is snuggling in bed beside me. I hate when my kids get hurt and I can't change anything. Hope snuggles with Mommy and Bacitracin can make things all better.

1 comments:

Darice said...

Oh, Mindy! I hope little Dillon heals quickly! And I think snuggles with Mommy is just what the dr. ordered.

Post a Comment